Having an outdoor space at home is a luxury. It does not matter if it is a balcony, a terrace, a patio, or a garden. The meters do not matter, with a place where you can enjoy a good time is enough. But if you can eat with your family or spend unforgettable moments with your friends, all the better. Of course, you will need to have a table and chairs for the outdoors.
Acquiring some outdoor chairs will allow you to fully enjoy all the possibilities that your home offers. You may also already have some, but the passage of time may have spoiled them. In order for you to find the model that best suits your tastes and needs, we have prepared this buying guide. Take note of everything you will see in it.
- The Most Important
- The Best Outdoor Chairs on the Market: Our Recommendations
- Shopping Guide: What You Should Know About Outdoor Chairs
- What is an outdoor chair?
- What are the most commonly used outdoor chair materials?
- How to make your outdoor chairs last longer?
- Is an outdoor chair with or without armrests better?
- Are folding or stackable outdoor chairs better?
- Is it a good idea to buy an outdoor table and chairs set?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of outdoor chairs?
- Purchase criteria
The Most Important
- In the market, you will find different models of outdoor chairs. It is necessary that you analyze your needs well so that you can acquire the one that best suits them.
- It is important that you purchase a quality product. Think that you will be exposed to the weather conditions. Therefore, do not try to use chairs that are not outdoor, as they will end up damaging.
- When buying your outdoor chairs, take into consideration the space you have. Also, the number of chairs you need and if their cleaning is simple. We will analyze these and other aspects in our section: Purchase criteria.
The Best Outdoor Chairs on the Market: Our Recommendations
Knowing some of the best outdoor chairs will be very useful. Especially since the following list is based on the opinions of those who have already used the product. Therefore, it is important that you pay attention to all the characteristics that you will discover in the following lines. It will help you make the best purchase possible.
The Best Set of Outdoor Chairs according to Online Users
Item model number: Rio 3 Piece
Item Dimensions: 30.5 x 21.3 x 31.1 inches
Item Weight: 34.2 pounds
Color: Whiskey Brown and Dark GreyMaterial: Resin
Furniture Finish: Espresso
Base Type: Pedestal
Seat Height: 11 Inches
Is Assembly Required?: Yes
Number of Pieces: 3
Warranty Description: 2-year limited warranty.
This set of outdoor chairs manufactured by Keter comes with 3 pieces: two chairs and a small table. It is ideal for sitting down to share and chat on your patio or other outdoor locations.
These pieces give the appearance of being made of rattan while being incredibly durable and easy to maintain. You just have to clean its plastic surface with a mixture of water and vinegar, and goodbye dirt.
Best 4 Piece Outdoor Chair Set
Item model number: T-LCRF711A
Package Dimensions: 40 x 31 x 11.8 inches
Item Weight: 52.8 pounds
Color: Brown and Beige/Grey/Blue/Red
Frame Material: Steel
Seat Material Type: Rattan
Seat Height: 16 Inches
Weight capacity: 330 pound
Easy assembly: yes
This set of outdoor chairs manufactured by Homall is the most complete you will find online, which is why it has become one of the best sellers. Its rattan-like appearance makes it ideal for patios, porches, balconies, and near pools.
Bring two chairs, a sofa, and a table. The sofa and chairs come with cushions and the table has a tempered glass top. You just have to find a place for it and that’s it!
Score by Features
The best synthetic rattan outdoor chairs
Item model number: DV17QRD
Product Dimensions: 23.5 x 23.5 x 33.5 inches
Item Weight: 42.5 pounds
Color: Brown and Beige/Grey/Blue/Red
Size: 3 Pieces
Weight Capacity: 330 lbs
Rattan Material: PE
Rattan Color: Brown
This outdoor chair set made by Devoko comes with two chairs and a table, both chairs with their cushions and the table with a glass top. It is ideal to place it in any outdoor area of your house since it is made of an iron frame covered with plastic with the appearance of rattan.
You will not have to worry about the maintenance of your set since it is very easy to clean, you will only need a cloth, water, and a little vinegar.
Best Metal Outdoor Chairs
Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 18.1 x 34.2 inches
Item Weight: 12 pounds
Max Weight Recommendation: 330 Pounds
Color: Black/Cerise/Gun/Ivory White/Purple
Material: Iron, Metal
This set of 4 outdoor chairs manufactured by Furmax is ideal for many situations. They adapt easily as they are stackable and durable as they are made of metal. You can give a modern touch to your outdoor spaces or decorate your kitchen, cafe, or bistro.
They are easy to clean and can be assembled in less than 10 minutes. In addition, its legs have rubbers that prevent the chairs from leaving marks on wooden floors.
Shopping Guide: What You Should Know About Outdoor Chairs
The review we have just made of the best outdoor chairs has surely been very useful to you. You have known not only a few interesting options but also characteristics that may be essential for you. But there are still many aspects that you need to discover. You will do it throughout this buying guide, so do not miss the following sections.
What is an outdoor chair?
An outdoor or garden chair is one that is designed to be used outside the home. This is the case, both for the material with which it is made and for the protection it has. In addition, they usually have a particular design that makes them perfect to be on the balcony, terrace, patio, or garden. For the exterior always bet on a chair of this type.
What are the most commonly used outdoor chair materials?
One of the characteristics that you are undoubtedly interested in knowing is the materials with which the outdoor chairs are made. It will determine not only their appearance but also their durability or the maintenance they need. For this reason, we have prepared this list with the most commonly used ones. Looking at its characteristics will allow you to make the best decision.
- Iron. It is a widely used material when making outdoor furniture. It achieves a romantic look reminiscent of the English countryside. It is robust and heavy. It must have a specific treatment to be outdoors and avoid rust.
- Forging. It is another widely used metal. Like iron, it needs treatment to prevent it from suffering outside. Gives a lighter look than other materials. Today, chairs are still being manufactured in the most classic colors, white, black, and green. But also, in other more striking ones, which will give your outdoor space a unique look.
- Teak. Tropical woods, such as teak, withstand inclement weather very well. The chairs must have a treatment that protects them from the weather, moths, and fungi. You will have to varnish them so that they recover their original color each season.
- Plastic. Plastic chairs are a great option, as they handle being outside very well. The traditional ones are white or green, but they also admit other colors. They are a classic option and cheaper than others, but they give good results.
- Resin. This material is widely used for its characteristics. For its manufacture, some molds are used to shape the chair. The dough that is used already has the color that the piece will have. This helps prevent discoloration. There are some models that imitate other materials quite well, such as rattan or wicker.
- Aluminum. Aluminum garden chairs are quite sturdy and tend to stay in good condition over time. They are an inexpensive option and are sometimes combined with other materials. They weigh little, so they can be easily moved.
- Natural rattan. It is light and has fibers that are long and have great flexibility. They are very resistant and it is very difficult for them to break. They usually carry a treatment to avoid pests.
- Synthetic rattan. High-density polyethylene is used for its manufacture and mimics the natural option. You will find it in different colors and textures. It supports humidity and rain very well. It is very resistant and has an attractive aesthetic.
- Other natural fibers. There are different options, like bamboo or wicker. They are a great alternative, but more expensive than other materials, such as plastic or wood. Natural fiber chairs are more delicate. It is better that they are covered under a roof since they do not withstand bad weather very well.
How to make your outdoor chairs last longer?
When buying your outdoor chairs, you can choose between different materials. It is true that some offer greater resistance and durability than others. But still, you can extend its useful life if you take into account a series of tips about its maintenance. Next, we show them to you, then it will be up to you to put them into practice.
|Weather||Protect chairs from the most extreme weather.|
|Protection||Try to keep them undercover.|
|Plastic||Try not to use plastic to cover the chairs, it can cause humidity.|
|Floor||Place the chairs on a floor that is not damp.|
Is an outdoor chair with or without armrests better?
An outdoor chair with armrests is more comfortable. You can support your arms and it also allows you to have more space. But they also prevent placing a greater number of chairs around the table. In addition, they separate you from the rest of the diners, since they suppose a physical separation. So, evaluate your wants and needs to make the best purchase possible.
Are folding or stackable outdoor chairs better?
Stackable chairs take up very little space, as they are placed on top of each other. It is uncomfortable to stack a large number of chairs, so it can be a good option for six or fewer. Accessing the folding chairs is easier, but you must have a support point on a wall. It is the best solution if you have more than six chairs and space to store them.
Is it a good idea to buy an outdoor table and chairs set?
Buying a set of outdoor tables and chairs can be a good option. You forget to look for a table that matches your chairs and it may save you money. But buying the chairs separately can also be a good idea. Especially if you already have a table or if you want a more original combination. You may even find an offer that is better.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of outdoor chairs?
Now you know a good number of interesting features that an outdoor chair should have. You have also discovered some models that are highly valued by their users. But there are still some purchase criteria that you must take into account to make the best final decision. However, first, we want to show you its main advantages and disadvantages.
- You have many different options
- There are very attractive designs
- They allow you to eat outside
- They need some care
- Not all models are comfortable
We are about to finish this guide. But, in order for you to choose the best outdoor chair model, you still need to know the criteria that we will review below. It is important that you analyze all the information if you want to be successful. So, pay attention to these last aspects and you will be ready to make your purchase.
The first thing you should assess is the available space. If you are going to buy chairs for a garden or patio, you should not care too much about the size or shape of them. You can be guided by your tastes. If you have a terrace or balcony, bet on furniture that can be stored when you are not using it. It is almost essential that they are folding or stackable chairs.
Always take the size of the table into account when determining the number of chairs you need. If the table is extendable you will have to buy some more. In this case, the best options are foldable or stackable. We recommend that you do not use other chairs that you have at home, since they are not prepared to be used outdoors.
Comfort is important. Some outdoor chairs can be very attractive in design, but then they can be a pain to sit on. The most comfortable are those of natural fibers and also those of plastic, although they can give heat. The best solution is to use chair cushions. In addition, they allow you to give an original touch to space if you choose the colors well.
Cleaning outdoor chairs are essential. You need to know how to clean the main materials that you will find in the market. It will help you to be clear if it is the option you need. We say this, because you may not be interested in having a model that requires a lot of care. Pay attention to these tips:
|Iron||You should clean the chair with soapy water and dry well.|
|Forging||Cleaning is the same as in the case of iron.|
|Teak||Use a wood cleaner.|
|Plastic||Clean with water and a few drops of ammonia, dry well.|
|Resin||Use a soft cloth, soap, and water.|
|Aluminum||Use a damp cloth and then dry very well to avoid marks.|
|Natural rattan||With water, soap, and a soft cloth it is perfect.|
|Other natural fibers||Use a soft cloth, water, and a little soap. Dry well with a delicate cloth.|
|Synthetic rattan||With a soft absorbent cloth, rub the entire surface with soap and water.|
Another aspect that you should take into account is whether the outdoor chairs you buy require assembly or not. Those with a wooden or metal frame usually need it. Also, those that combine materials. Those that need to be assembled are transported more easily. The ones that are assembled you start to use as soon as they get home.
Having good garden chairs will allow you to enjoy the outdoor space of your home even more. In the market, you will find so many models, that you must be clear about what characteristics are essential for you. You can bet on an attractive design, but one that is practical and comfortable. The material you choose is essential, it determines its strength and durability.
It is important that this kind of furniture is easily cleaned. Adapt the number, type, and shape of the chairs to your needs. Analyze if it is better that they come assembled or do it yourself. But above all, put into practice everything you have seen in this buying guide. If you do so, you will get the best outdoor chairs for you.
Did you find the information we have analyzed interesting? Sure you do, then share it on your social networks. But first, leave us a comment.
(Source of featured image: Amazon.com)